Friday, March 18, 2005

Bridich update (with Hendricks and Crockett mentions!)

From Jeff Bridich '00, Manager of Minor League Operations for the Colorado Rockies. Bridich will live in Crimon history for hitting a homerun over the Green Monster in Fenway during a Beanpot tourney game against UMass in 1999. Here's how Daniel Habib covered that moment for The Crimson:

It was Bridich, however, the reigning Ivy League Player of the Week, who supplied the big blow that juiced the Crimson up, driving a fat fastball from Samolewicz over the Green Monster in the third for a 6-4 lead. It was Bridich's third home run of the season, and he is now tied with Binkowski for second on the team. "Initially, I didn't think I had gotten enough on the ball," Bridich said. "I didn't see it go out, and I thought it was going to hit the top of the wall. Then I saw the outfielder give up on it, and I knew it was gone." [Habib, The Crimson, 4/28/99]


Anyways, here's his update (as posted in the Dugout)...

Hello from the Colorado Rockies camp in beautiful (beautiful?) Tucson, Arizona. Before I get into things, I have to give kudos to the creators of this site. For those of us who have seen our playing days pass us by, this site provides us the opportunity not only to live vicariously through the current Crimson nine, but also relive our college glory days so that we can start to develop our "old man" stories in which we are much better than we actually were.
Our minor league spring training games kicked off today and while there were 3 former Crimson on site, only one of them played. I, of course, watched from the sidelines while eating seeds. William Benjamin Crockett threw a bullpen today and will most likely be slated to pitch in his first game action of the spring this coming weekend. Ben has been doing well in camp thus far, and for good luck he's even wearing my old college number (33), which will never ever be retired in my name by Harvard. Since the
Rockies were playing the Diamondbacks, Trey Hendricks was also in attendance this afternoon. He started at DH in one of the Single A games and collected 3 solid base hits that I saw.

No comments: